Finding a new place to call home can be a bit of a challenge if you’re searching for yourself and a furry companion. Even if your dog or cat is the best behaved in the world, you will likely face a number of restrictions that may make it frustrating to find the home that’s right for you. (more…)
If you’re searching for a place to start a family, you probably have a lot on your mind, including schools, medical care and safety. Property sales in South Philly and other parts of the city have begun to boom with families new and old, and more and more families from the tri-state area are taking advantage of Philadelphia’s hidden gems for families. (more…)
Moving into your first apartment is a big step and one that deserves celebrating! Whether you’re moving away from home to go to college or you’re making the transition from college to your first job, there are a lot of considerations that you’ll need to make when choosing your first place. (more…)
Are you looking for a historical and delicious neighborhood to explore? Now is the best time to head down to Old City, Philadelphia, a foodie’s dream! As one of the top rental property management companies in Philadelphia, DJCRE knows where all the neighborhood favorites are that are worth giving a try. (more…)
Anyone who has lived in Philadelphia long enough knows that the housing market has made a complete 180 in just a few short years; once abandon and practically deserted in some areas, the city is now vibrant and full of life, with home values on the rise every day. (more…)
If you are looking to move your family to Philadelphia, you’re probably concerned with a variety of factors, including safety, recreation and school quality. We here at DJCRE Property Management, a local property management in Philadelphia, suggest East Falls as the preferred destination for families because the neighborhood offers plenty of community unity and support for those with young children. (more…)
If you’re considering buying an investment property, you’re probably feeling a ton of feelings such as excitement, pride and maybe even a little bit of nervousness. You may even be feeling a little bit afraid; how do you know you’re getting the right advice before you purchase your investment property? You’ve probably already spoken to an expert in local property management in Philadelphia, but with the number of fraud and scams increasing by the day, you’re right to be wary of anyone trying to sell you something, especially something as big as an investment property.
The number one advice to be wary of when choosing your source of investment property advice is to search for someone with credentials. With the aid of the internet, consumers are becoming more and more wary of shady business practices. Before you take any advice from an investment or rental property management company in Philadelphia, do a quick search for their business. Do they have a website? On their website, do they have customer testimonials? Do these testimonials have identifying information, such as the name, business, or phone number of the previous customers? Does their business have an address and a phone number? Or does your search come up blank, with little identifying information and “testimonials” that all sound like they were written by the same person.
Fly-by-night property management companies have begun to pop up all over Philadelphia; today, more than ever, it’s crucial to make sure you’re getting advice from the experts when it comes to buying your investment property.
At DJCRE Property Management, we take your money and investments as seriously as you do. We open our lines of communication because we know you have questions, and we have the answers. With over 40 years of experience in property management, you can rest with the peace of mind knowing you got the right investment advice.
Are you a fan of underrated eateries? Love to know the next great hot-spot before everyone else? If you said “yes” to both of these questions, you’ve got to check out Manayunk, PA. Property management companies in Philadelphia are beginning to take notice of Manayunk thanks to its vibrant culture and impressive food diversity. Be sure to try one of these restaurants the next time you’re hungry in Manayunk!
- Taqueria Feliz. With homemade guacamole, every type of taco you could imagine and a lunch special that’s a steal to boot, Taqueria Feliz is a great place to get your fill of Mexican cuisine (and maybe a margarita or two).
- Bourbon Blue. If you’re craving the taste of New Orleans, there’s no better place for dinner than Bourbon Blue. Settled in the ledge of an old abandoned mill, the atmosphere is almost as impressive as the shrimp and grits.
- Bayou Bar & Grille. Every Manayunk native knows that the Bayou Bar & Grille has quickly become a staple of the city’s nightlife, and for good reason. The tavern-style food has become popular year-round, and with a massive menu, you’re sure to find a favorite. We recommend 25 cent wing nights on Mondays and Tuesdays!
- Manayunk Brewing Company. If you’re a fan of beers and live music, you’ll love Manayunk Brewing Company. With a huge outdoor deck and a menu of handcrafted house beers and ales and everything from burgers to sushi on the menu, this spot is sure to please even the pickiest palate.
Manayunk has an excellent culture and vibrant atmosphere, and more and more applicants wish to become tenants every day. If you’re a renter, be sure to contact the right property management service in Philadelphia to make sure that your property is safe. Or, if you’re looking for a rental, the right property management company can help you find the area of Philadelphia that’s right for you.
Not sure where to get started? DJCRE is one of the top property management companies in Philadelphia, and we’re ready to help you find the next spot to call home!
There are a small handful of cities that everyone from around the world knows. Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, London and Sydney. Although it may surprise you, Philadelphia is definitely on that list. The city of brotherly love is soaked in history and culture. There’s no doubt you’re going to find a place to settle down somewhere in Philadelphia.
If you’re planning to move to Philadelphia, the best way to do it is with the help of DJCRE. One of the best condo property management companies in the old city area, DJCRE is excited to help you find a place to call home.
Whether you already live here or are on your way, you’re going to want to browse homes to rent or buy in these top ten neighborhoods of Philadelphia:
Philadelphia, in general, is rich in history, but Torresdale, in particular, is an extremely historic neighborhood. Home of the beautiful All Saints’ Episcopal Church built in 1772 (no that wasn’t a typo, the church is older than the country itself) and the Glen Foerd estate on the Delaware River. Its diners, markets and pubs help make up the reason that Torresdale has one of the best qualities of life on this list.
- Mount Airy
This little town has an entirely different atmosphere than downtown Philadelphia, in a very good way. Littered with trails for running or biking and just a quick commute to and from Center City. Mount Airy’s great schools make it a perfect place to raise a family.
Located right around the corner from Torresdale in the greater northeast. The great high school graduation rate, diversity, low cost of living and lower than average crime rate make Somerton a great target area to call home.
- East Falls
There’s not a whole lot to say about East Falls; the place can sell itself. Safe, great schools, 90% graduation rate, two parks and even a community theater. East Falls is perfect families and a quiet neck of the woods to settle down and relax.
The total opposite (not in a bad way) of East Falls, Manayunk is still a great place for families, but its jumping bar scene draws in young kids moving out and looking for their first home. The first brewhouse was established in 1685! Manayunk is also one of Philadelphia’s safest areas, so the only real danger is getting busted by the fun police on a Friday night out with the homies.
Stay tuned for next month when we reveal numbers five through one.
Now that you’re eager for the big move to Philadelphia, then look no further than DJCRE. DJCRE is the best place to go for property sales in South Philly. With over 40 years of experience, DJCRE can help find you a great property to rent or buy. Give us a call today by dialing (215) 720-1097, or visit us at /.
If you are looking for a property to rent in the Philadelphia area, DJCRE is the place to go. DJCRE is one of the best rental property management companies in the Philadelphia area. We are excited to help you find your new home today!
Rent hikes, strict pet policies, and limited control over fixtures are just a handful of problems you may encounter when renting. But despite negatives, there is a silver lining regarding renting. Here are 10 reasons why you’ll benefit from renting a property instead of being a homeowner:
- Property Tax – No different than your yearly income tax, homeowners are responsible for paying an annual property tax on their home. Property tax varies in cost from city to city.
- Selling a home – Just because you’ve heard one or two stories about how easy it was to sell a home doesn’t quite mean that’s true. In a down market, selling your home may be near impossible. If you rent, however, simply walk away once your lease is up. Avoid the hassle of having to find a buyer to replace you.
- Amenities – Some apartment complexes will come with access to a pool, gym, or community center of some sort. These perks can really add up to real savings for you each year.
- Flexibility – Maybe you have a job that forces you to travel frequently for short periods of time. Renting gives you the freedom to find someone to sublease your rental if you plan to be away from home for a period of time. Renting is also the preferred choice for the adventurous person who may want to move from city to city.
- Maintenance – A washing machine that breaks down or has problems can cause costly repairs for homeowners. But for renters, whenever you have a problem with an appliance, a simple call to your landlord or property manager will help.
- Big-City Living – In the major cities like New York City and San Francisco, where the real estate value is the highest in the country, owning a home is a luxury. Renting, however, makes the dream of living there more attainable.
- Security – Buying a security system to protect your house isn’t cheap. Look for an apartment complex that is gated or has 24-hour security.
- Social Scene – Moving to a new city and renting is a great way to meet new people. Apartment complexes are areas of social congregation due to how many people you are surrounded by that you’ll see on a daily basis.
- Upsize Easily – Finding a nice home to move into is a smart move once you have children, but your family could increase without proper planning. You can quickly outgrow that two-bedroom home that was perfect for you just a few years ago. Renting even after you have kids is still a viable option. If your family were to grow, (hopefully planned), it is easy to find a new bigger apartment to rent that will best serve your families needs.
- Less Debt – We aren’t saying that it’s never a good idea to purchase a home. Buying a home is a very sound investment. However, purchasing a home can immediately put you into debt, a debt that can quickly reach well over a couple hundred thousand dollars. Renting allows you the freedom to maybe open your own business or help invest more in your retirement account than you would if you were to purchase a home.
Now that you’re eager to look into renting a property, then look no further than DJCRE. DJCRE is the top property management company in Philadelphia. With over 40 years of experience, DJCRE can help find you a great property to rent or buy. Give us a call today by dialing (215) 720-1097, or visit us at /.