Life can be expensive for college students, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t still embrace the holiday season! Here, we share our money-saving holiday tips for college students so you can enjoy a season full of cheer—not bills!
- Buy travel tickets home early. No matter if you’re planning on catching a flight home or taking the bus, tickets become scarcer and more expensive as the holiday approaches. Buy your tickets as soon as possible to save both money and stress!
- Put a price limit on gift exchanges. If you and your friends are planning a holiday gift exchange, institute a price limit to help everyone save. Banning gifts that cost over $20 isn’t only great for your wallet—it also forces everyone to be creative, which can result in some seriously silly memories.
- Pay your credit card bills on time. If you’re charging gifts to a credit card this holiday, make sure you pay the minimum balance on-time to avoid excessive interest charges. Set alarms on your cell phone to remind you to pay your bills a few days before the due date or sign up for automatic bill pay through your credit card provider.
- Ask for practical gifts from mom and dad. Instead of asking for fun gifts from family members (like a new eyeshadow palette or the latest video game console), ask for practical gifts that will provide value throughout the year. Gifts like Amazon.com or grocery gift cards, cooking utensils, or home improvement supplies can make your life easier—and leave you with more cash throughout the year!
- Consider saving money by moving off-campus. On-campus housing may be convenient, but it can also be a massive drain on a student’s budget. Property management companies in Philadelphia can help students find their perfect off-campus pad at a price they can afford!
There’s still plenty of time to secure your off-campus apartment for the upcoming spring semester! Providers of property management in Philadelphia like DJCRE know how to help college students save money and live with more space by moving into an off-campus home or apartment. Give our team a call today at 215-720-1097 to learn more.