If you are looking for a property to rent in the Philadelphia area, DJCRE is the place to go. DJCRE is one of the best rental property management companies in the Philadelphia area. We are excited to help you find your new home today!
Rent hikes, strict pet policies, and limited control over fixtures are just a handful of problems you may encounter when renting. But despite negatives, there is a silver lining regarding renting. Here are 10 reasons why you’ll benefit from renting a property instead of being a homeowner:
- Property Tax – No different than your yearly income tax, homeowners are responsible for paying an annual property tax on their home. Property tax varies in cost from city to city.
- Selling a home – Just because you’ve heard one or two stories about how easy it was to sell a home doesn’t quite mean that’s true. In a down market, selling your home may be near impossible. If you rent, however, simply walk away once your lease is up. Avoid the hassle of having to find a buyer to replace you.
- Amenities – Some apartment complexes will come with access to a pool, gym, or community center of some sort. These perks can really add up to real savings for you each year.
- Flexibility – Maybe you have a job that forces you to travel frequently for short periods of time. Renting gives you the freedom to find someone to sublease your rental if you plan to be away from home for a period of time. Renting is also the preferred choice for the adventurous person who may want to move from city to city.
- Maintenance – A washing machine that breaks down or has problems can cause costly repairs for homeowners. But for renters, whenever you have a problem with an appliance, a simple call to your landlord or property manager will help.
- Big-City Living – In the major cities like New York City and San Francisco, where the real estate value is the highest in the country, owning a home is a luxury. Renting, however, makes the dream of living there more attainable.
- Security – Buying a security system to protect your house isn’t cheap. Look for an apartment complex that is gated or has 24-hour security.
- Social Scene – Moving to a new city and renting is a great way to meet new people. Apartment complexes are areas of social congregation due to how many people you are surrounded by that you’ll see on a daily basis.
- Upsize Easily – Finding a nice home to move into is a smart move once you have children, but your family could increase without proper planning. You can quickly outgrow that two-bedroom home that was perfect for you just a few years ago. Renting even after you have kids is still a viable option. If your family were to grow, (hopefully planned), it is easy to find a new bigger apartment to rent that will best serve your families needs.
- Less Debt – We aren’t saying that it’s never a good idea to purchase a home. Buying a home is a very sound investment. However, purchasing a home can immediately put you into debt, a debt that can quickly reach well over a couple hundred thousand dollars. Renting allows you the freedom to maybe open your own business or help invest more in your retirement account than you would if you were to purchase a home.
Now that you’re eager to look into renting a property, then look no further than DJCRE. DJCRE is the top property management company in Philadelphia. With over 40 years of experience, DJCRE can help find you a great property to rent or buy. Give us a call today by dialing (215) 720-1097, or visit us at http://djcre.com/.