Since you already know about our property rentals and sales around South Philly, we thought it’d be nice to fill you in on some of the eateries that make South Philadelphia what it is. Here is a list of five (or six) spots that you have to check out while in town:
- Chickie’s & Pete’s – If you are from the Philadelphia area, you already know about this sweet sports bar. They have many locations including Citizen’s Bank Park, The Philadelphia Airport, and of course, 1526 Packer Avenue in South Philly.
Our tip – Obviously, you have to get their world-famous crab fries with melted American cheese. Additionally, their mussels and King Crab legs are equally as delicious.
- Scannicchio’s – This spot is one of the best BYOB restaurants in the entire city. Located at 2500 S. Broad & Porter, this Philly staple is known for their pasta, fish, and veal dishes. Scannicchio’s has a family feel, and is ideal for people who love good old fashioned Italian home cooking.
- The Industry – This bar is perfect for dates and group get togethers. Their brunch and dinner menus are filled with items that appeal to the masses. Address: 1401 E Moyamensing Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147.
Our recommendations – For brunch, try the shrimp & grits or their “Hillybilly Philly” fried chicken dish. For dinner, grab an Industry Burger of steak frites.
Image Sourced from Google / Andrew Grande
- Uncle Oogie’s – Although their name does not make you think about fine dining, but that’s not their angle anyway. Uncle Oogie’s has two South Philly locations (one on Oregon Ave and one on Snyder Ave) that are perfect for ordering delivery during Eagles and Flyers games. If you order from the Unc, be sure to get a pizza and some buffalo wings. Their menu is enormous – click here if you don’t believe us.
- Nick’s Roast Beef – The Original Nick’s Roast Beef has been serving top-notch roast beef sandwiches for over 75 years! You can find them on the corner of Jackson St. and South 20th St.
BONUS – HIDDEN GEM ALERT: Fountain Porter – 1601 South 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19148 – Fountain has some of the best burgers in the entire city, and they are only $5 each!
We hope you enjoyed this article. Feel free to call 215-720-1097 to share your experiences and let us know what you think of this list. Also, if you need assistance managing your home, we will be more than happy to lend a hand!