Halloween is around the corner, and while most people are planning their costumes and decorations, some people are trying to find the right home. Similar to Halloween, that can be scary.
There are so many factors to take into consideration:
- What kind of area do I want to be in?
- Metropolitan, Suburban, Rural
- In what part of that region do I want to be?
- North, South, East, West, Central
- What kind of homestead is best for my situation?
- Single Home, Ranch, Apartment, Condo
- What do I want to be near?
- Public Transportation, Fine Dining, Live Shows, Nightlife
And, that’s not even the half of it. (I told you that it can be a relatively frightening task.) You may be thinking to yourself, “Is this blog post a trick or treat?” That’s a good question. Read on, and see for yourself:
(SPOILER ALERT – IT’S BOTH).
Anyway, let’s get right down to it. Although all of the above items are important when choosing your new home, the most important thing is to make sure the property is safe from weather, crime and ghouls. Yes, ghouls. It’s almost Halloween, so we’ve decided to give you three ways to know if your future house is haunted (take this blog at face value – it’s purely for entertainment).
- Unidentifiable sounds throughout the night. This includes creaky floorboards, unexplainable wind gusts, door knocking and guttural grunts that permeate across the house. If you are experiencing these on a regular basis, you may want to consider calling one of those reality shows (i.e. Ghost Hunters) so you can make a few dollars out of the deal.
- You actually meet a ghost. Are all ghosts invisible? Maybe. Are ghosts even real? Who knows. But one surefire way to know if your place is possessed is if you visibly see the culprit. Don’t worry, most of them are relatively friendly (Casper-esque) and are just looking for a couch to crash on until they find work.
- You didn’t buy it from DJCRE rentals. We always ghost-proof our rentals to ensure no pesky spirits disturb your sleep cycle. Just kidding, but we do thoroughly clean and prepare all of our spaces to make sure they are in tip-top shape. We make sure the homes are dust and allergen-free, so you don’t have to spend any of the money you save on Claritin and DayQuil.
DJCRE prides ourself on standing apart from other Philly property management companies by getting to know our customers. Once we understand your preferences, we work within your budget to find something nice, clean, affordable and ghost-free. For more information on DJRE, your new favorite rental property management company in Philadelphia, call 215-720-1097 today.